Total Pageviews

May 21, 2011

Pink colored MacBook Air Review

I have just gotten a Pink MacBook Air to replace my ten month old MacBook Pro and I love it. So a lot in fact that I believed I'd do a fast critique.

I was often put off by the original MacBook Air, I consider in the primary on account of its poor efficiency (compared with the Pro model) and generally reported overheating concerns. The old MacBook Pro vs MacBook Air comparison often, for me no less than, fell in favour from the former machine.

On looks alone the new model is often a winner and even although my MacBook Pro was less than a year old I couldn't resist the new super-slim profile and a lot more contemporary design and style of Apple's latest notebook.

Pink MacBook Air
You may have noticed that my new MacBook is Pink! This is not a regular color, or even a color Apple offer on their website or in their shops. It really is produced by Colorware from a normal machine and offered a bespoke (and stunning) vibrant pink finish. This could not be a option for those wanting to blend in to the crowd, but it certainly gets plenty of comments and admiring looks.

MacBook Air Energy
After only several hrs of use I knew that it wasn't just the fantastic looks and spectacular pink exterior that did it for me. This factor is rapidly, a lot faster than either what I expected and what the specification sheet told me. With an Intel Core two Duo Apple have avoided use from the considerably newer Core i3, i5 and i7 range of processors, which is a surprise to me as, due to their far more efficient nature, they would create less heat and use less battery power. Also, their integrated graphics chips would surely aid with packaging in such a minuscule machine.

In spite of not acquiring the newest generation hardware, this machine in no way feels lacking in energy, something which couldn't usually be mentioned from the authentic Air. This truly did surprise me, but I am coming straight from a 1.86 GHz Core 2 Duo powered Pro model and the Air feels considerably more quickly, despite obtaining the same chip clocked at the same speed. This goes to show that prospective buyers shouldn't let the specification page place you off because it is not all what exactly is appears.

Another thing to note is the fact that the original Air ran under-clocked as a way to attempt to alleviate the heat issues, so in spite of equivalent specification this may clarify a few of the leap in efficiency versus the authentic MacBook Air.

No comments:

Post a Comment